Its time to hear from someone who has been diagnosed with autism what life is like. Alex Lowery joins us to talk about growing up with autism – about the heightened sensations, the frustrations of not being understood and what has helped him get to where he is today. At 20, Alex gives talks about his life. This is a great place to increase your understanding of autism.
Resources from the Interview with Alex Lowery
- Here’s Alex Lowery‘s webpage
- Great blog post by Alex on myths about autism
- Alex Lowery’s YouTube site
- A pilot study and more info on Audioblox
- The Learning Breakthrough program
- Thank you to Tayshia who emailed me this link to an infographic on the history of autism