Interested in Music Therapy? Music therapy, which is often used with children with autism, can also be used in the classroom to help children learn patterns. In this interview music therapist Kamile Geist talks about types and techniques of music therapy along with her research in this fascinating field. On the website Kamile talks about courses and programs that will prepare you to be a music therapist, as well as how insurance programs deal with this type of therapy.
Resources on Music Therapy
- Here is a link from an article in Ohio University’s research publication about Kamile’s work with music and speech therapy (Kamile’s last name was O’Donnell at the time).
- Here’s a great resource on the benefits of music therapy – lots of info here: How Music Helps with Mental Health â€“ Mind Boosting Benefits of Music Therapy
- Here is the American Music Therapy Association website which should give you some general information about music therapy.
- Here is a link to Kamille’s article published in NAEYC’s national journal Young Children on Math and Music
- Here is a link to the Music Therapy program at Ohio University where Kamile Geist teaches.
- Kamile Geist‘s bio page on the Ohio University website.