Only a little while ago cannabis (marijuana) was approved for medical purposes. Now “recreational use” of the plant is legal in many states in the US. It is being prescribed to treat PTSD, schizophrenia and chronic pain among others. But what is dispensary opens near you – can you trust the advice of the “budtender” (staff who work at cannabis stores) who often provide advice to customers. Dr. Nancy Haug conducted a study to find out what kind of training these workers have and what they base their advice on. You’d be surprised. I talk with professor Haug about this topic and then I talk about what I’ve been doing to create online activities for students.
Resources on Cannabis
- This episode’s interviewee is Dr. Nancy Haug.
- Dr. Haug’s site at Palo Alto university.
- The Health Effects of Cannabis and Cannabinoids.The Current State of Evidence and Recommendations for Research (2017)
- Professor Haug’s study is entitled Training and Practices of Cannabis Dispensary Staff
- Sites where you’ll find information about Cannabis:
- A few of my interactive online activities: